February 06, 2015

Exiting $ED

There are definitely times I wish I had simply added to $SSO as I exited stocks.  Though the market is still resolving what direction it wants to go.  My portfolio has taken an awful beating this week of about 4-5% after margin.  My strategy is risky. Keep in mind that if using 1x total leverage, the loss for this week would have been less than 1.5%.  It's a safer way to go, and avoids potential implosion, but the gains in the past 6 months still far exceed what 1x would accomplish.  It will be interesting to see how this holds up in the long term.

For now, I must exit $ED, and continue waiting for the right time to rebalance the stocks portion of the portfolio.  Either when there is panic from looking like a correction is happening, or when the market reaches a new closing high.


Share This Article
Share on StockTwits

0 comments:

Post a Comment