October 15, 2014

Exiting $RAI again, $WMT again, selling most of $UUP

For the dollar, I'm still partially long it, but I have to reduce risk as I move down to a lower support level.  Approximately 2/3s of the position is being sold.  In the future, I intend to further increase sizing of dollar, bond, and gold positions.  I don't want stock positions to be as low as 1/4 of the portfolio (as prescribed by a perma portfolio setup), but I think 1/2 would be reasonable.  The gain on the original $UUP long is $900, which has softened the blows the market has dealt lately.

I'm learning over and over again, that once a stock shows weakness, it later repeats.  I'm seeing it again with $RAI and $WMT which must be exited tomorrow.  I must learn to move on better.

At the low point of the day, almost all company stock positions were below their exit levels.  The rally off the lows was nice, but it's still another losing day.



Share This Article
Share on StockTwits

0 comments:

Post a Comment