September 12, 2014

Exiting $CMG and $TLT

It's seems like a bad thing to get stopped out of a position quickly.  It's certainly worse than having a winner.  But on the other hand, having your capital tied up in a name that languishes for weeks or even months can be far worse.  Even with a smaller loss, the time lost can have a larger impact on your returns if holding that name prevented a larger size on a better stock, or additional holdings.

At least that's what I tell myself as I exit $CMG at next open.  $TLT (bonds) also have to go, which is troubling for me, because outside of the dollar, I have almost no holdings in non-stocks.  $GCC has a stop distance of nothing, so it either has to reverse course hard here or be exited next week.



Share This Article
Share on StockTwits

0 comments:

Post a Comment